Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bring in the Clowns... WINNER


 This wonderful vintage clown image is one of a set of three from A Day for Daisies.  OMG!  I am in love with them and I will be doing the other two soon.  Colored with Copics, layered on Basic Grey with foam tape and then embellished with Kandi, ribbon and the sentiment on the pennant. I debated distressing the edges but decided to "frame" the clown with hand drawn lines done with a Micron .01 black pen. I think that looks good with this image.

This card should be eligible for the following:
CHALLENGES:

Unique Crafters' Challenge - Anything Goes
A Day for Daisies #44 - Pinwheel Photo Inspiration
Catch the Bug - Color Challenge
Robyn's Fetish #109 - Birthday Card with the sentiment on the front - WON TOP THREE!
Digital Tuesday #162 - Just for Laughs
Simon Says - Anything Goes

IMAGES:  The focal image is "Vintage Scarf Clown" from A Day for Daisies; the sentiment is Hero Arts.
PAPER:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the images; DP is from the "Out of Print" Collection by Basic Grey; base CS is from my stash.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pennant sentiment on a toothpick, Kandi and stash ribbon. 
INKS: The image is printed on a Canon PIXMA & colored with Copics:

6 comments:

  1. OOoh, I have a granddaughter with a birthday next march and she loves to dress up. I'd love that card for her. She'd flip out. Too bad her grandma has no talent like you do - lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love this image and your coloring! Thanks for joining us in this weeks color challenge at Catch The Bug!

    =) Becky G

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, I love it! I am so glad you joined our Color Challenge at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog! I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fabulous card, love the colours and details and fab image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card & I love that image too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Beautiful color scheme. I love the doodling and the fun little flag sentiment. :-) Thanks so much for playing the ADFD challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny