I saw versions of this Ladybug in several places on Pinterest - so I can't really identify an original source. It was easy to figure out once you saw the action of the wings - this is my take on the concept.
I used three different punches for the ladybug and one punch on the flowers/ leaves.
- A 2.5'' scalloped circle punch [Marvy Uchida] was used for the black body and a 3'' version for the wings. The wings were cut from DP with black dots on a red background.
- A 1.5" circle punch was used to cut white CS for the layer holding the sentiment.
- A 1.5'' [Fiskars] circle punch created the head.
- The flowers and leaves [Martha Stewart] are punched from leftover scrap paper and the metallic HeroHues [Hero Arts] create the center of each.
- A eureka moment led to a black bobby- pin spread apart as the feelers. It was secured around a piece of foam tape that elevates the entire image.
- Finished with Googly eyes glued to the head.
- The sentiment is from the "You Got This" set by Simon Says Stamp
The wings will spread apart to reveal the stamped sentiment. They rotate around the black brad used as a fulcrum at the top of the wings.
Create wildly and color with abandon! ~ginny
CHALLENGES: Yellow highlights means no Linky available.
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Crafty Sentiments – Just for the Boys
Crafty Creations - #388 – ATG Always
Tuesday Throwdown #429 – ATG
Simon Says Wed – Spring Mood Board [Colors]
Sweet Stampin' – ATG or Recycled Elements [All punched elements are from re-cycled scraps]
Get Creative Challenges – #79 – ATG
SheepSki Designs #25 – Wings
Oddball Art – ATG / Option: Puffy Pastel Polka Dots
Creative Playground Challenge #4: ATG
Crafty Hazelnut's DP Challenge – Always ATG
Pile it On #153 – Lots of Layers