|#1: Here's to the Red, White, and Blue!|
There is a new 613 Ave C challenge starting July 7th: "ATG or the optional Twist: Use your countries flag colors". You have the month of July to show your creative talents! For details of the challenge and for some very creative ideas from the DT's inspirational contributions - click HERE!
Trying to make a few Christmas cards a month - and this one will also be with the colors of the USA flag. I recently fell in love with this technique/ construction and I am now reviewing my stamp collection for ones that will lend themselves to this design.
Below are the steps to create this unique design:
|#2: Image aligned with center of card.|
- Start by choosing an image that is symmetrical right to the left side. This is important because that will allow the whole image to be displayed as part of the card front when the card is closed. [See #1 ]
- I started with a 5.5" x 8" CS base card. Locate the center at 4.5" and mark with a pencil. [Do NOT yet score the fold!!] Stamp the image centered on that line.
- Now the score along that center line can be created from the top of the image [in this case his hat] to the top edge of the CS. Do NOT score thru the image.
- With this image, I used an Exacto Knife to cut around the image on the LEFT side only. You could use a Die if it has one or if you have a Brother's Scan and Cut or a Silhouette, you can cut only the left half of the image by covering the right side with paper during the scanning.
- Now when you fold the card the entire image should be visible at the spine.
- At this point, I measured from the far left edge of the Nutcracker to the 4.25" width of an A2 card and cut off the right edge so it would fit in an A2 size envelope. Once you have the final size of your card, you can finish decorating the inside and front.
|Closing the card allows the entire image |
to be viewed on the front.
Image was colored with Copics and the added bling consists of gold embossed sentiment, gold foil added to the uniform and a metallic snowflake glued to the front of his hat.
Create wildly and color with abandon!
Sisterhood of Crafters – Any Occasion
Crafty Sentiments –Bright Colors
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Aud Sentiments - #230 – ATG + Sentiment
Crafty Creations - #393 – ATG Always
Penny's Challenge #437 – ATG Always
The Male Room #114 – Multiple Layers for a Male
Sweet Stampin' Christmas – ATG X-mas
CHNC- Christmas #445 – ATG X-mas/Option: For a Male
Gem of a Challenge - #13 - ATG [WINNER]
Tuesday Throwdown #435 – ATG
SheepSki Designs #28 – Early Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's DP Challenge – Always ATG
Winter Wonderland – Christmas