When I saw this image I was sooo excited to color him using my Copics - very soothing for my harried soul! Amazing how your mind goes lazer focused and all else fades into oblivian.
Then I finish the card and lo and behold, the christmas decorations are still not up, don't have my presents purchased yet, and my husband's birthday is next week... heavy sigh. Think my priorities are messed up?? Ya think??
Back to the card... don't wanna think about the other...
- I matched the blues in the image to the base card and then added in the traditional reds and greens.
- Mounted panel on a 1/4" black mat.
- Sprinkled on the ultra thick white EP and heated it from the bottom to create a little snow.
- Fussy cut the bottom of the wings, candy cane and his foot so they would hang off the edge.
- Used a Corner Chomper to round three of the corners.
- Added a very sparkly blue fuzzy ribbon and layered the matted panel over the top.
I also did this version that has been covered with a dryer sheet and fine glitter. Way too much glitter layered on and the image is lost in it - wasn't happy with it at all!
Create wildly and color with abandon!
[and do the shopping later].
Sweet Stampin' – Fave Xmas Colors [Blue & Green]
SheepSki Designs #8 – Show us Your WINGS
Crafty Girls Creations – #41 - ATG Always
Scrapper's Delight #72 – ATG Always
Pile it On #136 – Large Sentiments & /or Things with Wings
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Crafting From the Heart -#185 ATG Always
Get Creative Challenges – #64 – Holidays TOP FIVE
Crafty Sentiments - ATG
|Shopping our Stash L:13 – SOS #331–Sno Much Fun|
Everybody Art Challenge #413 – Everything Works
Crafty Creations - #355 – ATG Always
Winter Wonderland – Red & Green Xmas