Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2019

a Watercolor Birthday...

This was created this for the new 613 Ave C  challenge starting Jan 6:  "ATG/ optional Twist: "Use Watercolor"  You have the month of January to show your creative talents!   For details of the challenge and for some very creative ideas from the DT's incredible inspiration concepts -  click HERE!

This process includes:
  • Base cardstock is a navy blue "confetti" paper 
  • Using watercolor paper, heat emboss the outline image - Rubbernecker Stamps - "Watercolor Birthday Cake". 
  • Mount that on a 1/8" larger mat of colorful paper.
  • Ink up the layered portion of the stamp using three colors of Distress Inks and stamp that inside the outline.
  • Used Wink of Stella Gold for the inner flame for sparkle.
  • The sentiment is a die sent from CA Corina.
  • A dark blue ribbon is knotted on the front. 
CHALLENGES:
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Shopping our Stash L:13 – SOS #382 – Use Washi
Papercraft Challenge #25 – Lots of Dimensions
Simon Says Wed – ATG
Penny's Challenge #408 – ATG
As You Like It – Prefer Rubber or Digis & WHY [BOTH! Rubber for the techniques possible, But, Digis for the room I can save in storage!]
Crafting with Friends #76 – ATG [JFF]
Crafty Creations - #379 – ATG Always
AI-Art Impressions Challenge #246 – ATG
SheepSki Designs #21 – Celebrations

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Ginny! The watercolor look is perfect on this card. And it goes so well with your patterned paper behind. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ginny! Your project is awesome, as usual! It is so nice to be able to get back into the swing of creating and working on my blogs. But the best part is being able to see all the fabulous work from the Design Team at 613 Avenue Create! Thanks so much for hanging in and keeping the 613 Front Porch a warm and inviting place!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ginny,
    I love your cute birthday card. The watercolor treatment is so nice. I also wanted to thank you for being so helpful and making sure that 613 continued to run smoothly in my absence. I appreciate your kindness, willingness to help, and steadfastness. You are truly a gem!
    Mucho Hugs and Love,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so bright and cheerful Ginny. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ginny, my friend! Just stopping by to compliment your awesome watercolored card here. I just noticed you didn't make any card for our February Challenge at 613 Avenue. That's because I am truly super duper busy with mostly crocheting...LOL! Anyway, you always leave me some wonderful comment and I want you to know how truly grateful I am for the beautiful words you left me recently. I am glad that you love and desire to see me make my cards. You are so sweet, I tell ya! If were only close to each other, I'll gladly share with you my secrets! Have a blessed day always!

    Hugs,
    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!! beautiful cards!!! I loooove them!! hope your little one is feeling much better, take care :) x
    remove background

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny