This technique is so simple to do...
- Cut CS 11" x 4.25" - fold in half with a top fold
- From the front panel - cut 1" off the bottom and then a 2nd 1" piece so that you end up with two strips, each 1" x 4.25"
- One strip ends up in its original position at the bottom as you see in these photos
- The "magic" key to holding all this together is the 2nd strip that is turned vertically and connects the upper and lower portions of the front panel. This should be affixed with a strong double sided tape as in a red liner tape or the like.
- The focal image panel is then laid over that strip, again use a strong adhesive, and place it to hide the strip.
- Note: the vertical strip does not have to be centered, you could move it slightly one direction or the other - perhaps to reveal a sentiment on the inside.
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Crafting From the Heart -#178 ATG Always
Incy Wincy Designs – Dress Up [Costume or fancy dress]
Crafty Sentiments – ATG
Tuesday Throwdown #366 – Spooktacular
Simon Says Wed – ATG
Penny's Challenge #348 – ATG
|Crafty Creations - #352 – ATG|
As You Like It – People or Animals & WHY [People - can't seem to color animals!]
Inspiration Destination #135 – ATG
Pile it On #135 – Fantasy/Spiders/Cobwebs
Aurora Wings #59 – Darkness Falls
Crafty Girls Creations – #40 - ATG Always
Fussy & Fancy #199 – So Spooky
A fab card. Love the colours and the image. A great card fold too. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. ElaineReplyDelete
Absolutely precious, ginny! I just want to pinch his little face and you've colored him beautifully. Love the "floating image" technique and cute sentiment, too. Thanks so much for joining our 'Darkness Falls' challenge at Aurora Wings. xxDReplyDelete
This is such a great fold! Love the colors you chose for both the image and the card.ReplyDelete
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.
Adorable card! Such a sweet image!! Too cute! Wonderful coloring too!ReplyDelete
Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Hey, I KNOW this card! It's sitting on a shelf in my office now and I can tell you, this photo does not do it justice. Fantastic card, Ginny! Again (yeah, I repeat myself, I know) your coloring is just so freakin' fantastic that anything you put this image on is going to be great, but this floating image technique suits the design to a tee and enhances it even more. Thank you for sending this beauty to me.ReplyDelete
LOL! You ALways make my day Shani! This is a test to see if you get the reply here!Delete
Amazing coloring! Such a great image, your work on it makes it stunning. Love the "floating image" technique and cute sentiment, too. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing your talent at Penny's Challenges!ReplyDelete
Love, love, love this little sweetie!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "So Spooky"!ReplyDelete
I love your Yoda!! Thank for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge this week.ReplyDelete
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Love this lil guy! Thanks for joining the Oddball Art Stamps Blog Challenge!ReplyDelete
Awesome image. I love your make, ginny.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for joining us at Oddball Art Stamps Blog Challenge.
Hugs, Tina – DT
Amazing card Ginny! Your coloring is so impressive! Thank you so much for joining us at Oddball Art Challenge! ~LizzyReplyDelete
Love this, such a neat idea to use the floating card instead of embellishments. Thanks for joining us at the Oddball Art Stamps Challenge.ReplyDelete