This is our pet bat who lives outside our bathroom window... between the screen and the shade - we named him TinkerBat. He is a Mexican Free-tailed Bat - considered the "jet" of bats - very fast flyers! Wing span can be 12-14 inches and they live up to 18 years. TinkerBat has been coming for 5 -6 years now, and only once brought a girlfriend home for a couple of weeks. He leaves for Mexico, or other destinations South, about the 1st or 2nd week of Oct. - so he is gone by Halloween. We start looking for him in early June.
In honor of TinkerBat I made this card for Halloween...
Here is my process:
- I started with this incredible bat image - a rubber stamp from Stampendous - which I colored with Copics. He was fussy cut and embossed from the back to round his body and wings.
- On a black CS folded to an A2 size, I added the background paper with the edges inked with 'Milled Lavender' and 'Dusty Concord' Distress Inks.
- The ribbon, row of black houses, the sentiment and the background paper were all given to me by a friend - "left overs" from her Halloween cards. I matted the circle sentiment with yellow and black mats, embossed all three layers to round them and mounted them on foam tape to simulate a moon. The ribbon was laid down like a street for my houses - and I used the same YR Copic I used for the bat's eyes to create lights in some of the windows.
- The last step was to mount the bat with 2 layers of foam tape under the wings and the body glued flat to the background.
- The inside was completed with my favorite Halloween sentiment!
Finally, here are the CHALLENGES I am entering:
Pile it On #92 –Cute &/or Spooky
|Crafting from the Heart #83 – ATG Always
Through the Craft Room Door – ATG Always
Papertake Weekly – Take Your Pick (Color Theme - Halloween)
As You Like It / Your Favorite... “Brights or Pastels?” [Brights! Love the intensity and the pop off the page quality of brights!]
Paper Shelter – #225 – Halloween
Simon Says Wed – ATG
Inspiration Destination #57 – ATG
Stampotique Designers – SDC219 – Scary Confusion
Sweet Stampin' – Dies/Punches [ die - row of houses, punch - circle for the sentiment and mats]
Quirky Crafts #22 - 2015 – Halloween/ Autumn Colors
Clear It Out – Halloween or Christmas / Stash: Die Cut Houses
Art by MiRan Challenge #44 – ATG
May you color with abandon! ~ginny