Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2011

On the Farm...

Using scraps off my desk!  Yea!  Every bit of this card used CS in the ever growing pile on my desk of left over scraps that I can't bear to throw away.  Curse of the paper artists!  The Digital Tuesday challenge: "On the Farm" was to use a Digi in a farm theme.  I had a tractor stamp and two digis (one called "Our Love's Poultry in Motion" and a basket of eggs)  in my collection that seemed to fit the bill.  Both these Digis were freebies - and unfortunately I did not keep track of where I got them. (HINT: I now have a solution to this problem and I keep all Digis in separate files labeled with the name of the web site or the artist.)
I used the green DP scrap as a field with faux stitching to give it definition.  This qualifies then for Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #77- Stitches.. real or faux  The tractor was stamped with Distress Ink in a color to blend into the background.  The two Digis were colored with Copics, cut out, sculpted and floated on foam tape.  Finally I used a flower punch on the remaining green scraps and added as "crops" in the foreground.

CHALLENGES: 
IMAGES:  "Our Love's Poultry in Motion" and a basket of eggs – source unknown; faux stitching stamp from Hero Arts; tractor by “Remarkable”
PAPER:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the image panel; base CS is from my endless stash
INKS: The tractor is stamped with “Peeled Paint” Distress Inks
The Digi images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics:  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny