Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Corn Crop...


This card was made for a challenge... but the more I tried to meet all the required "rules", the more upset I became and finally decided it was not worth my sanity!  So I am posting it anyway - cuz I like how it turned out!!

IMAGES:  stalks are from VIP (Visual Image Printery) 1994 - I don't think they are still in business.  The corn is from Stampa Rosa - also out of business.   The images may have been picked up by another company - but I have no idea where to find them at this point.
PAPER:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the image, base CS from my endless stash.
INKS:  Background images stamped with Versa Mark and the main image stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics: Y19, 21, 23 & G85, 94.  Distress Inks used Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge.
TECHNIQUE:  I stamped the corn stalks on the background and clear embossed them, distress inks were applied over the images and then the embossed images cleaned off with kleenex.  A strip was cut from DP and glued to the left hand edge.  The main corn image was colored with Copics, cut out and then sculpted from the back.  These were then attached with double stick foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny