|'Rory Chimney Sweep' provided by Lacy Sunshine|
I loved making my own Subway Art on the brick wall... and I have to acknowledge it was in response to the current challenge at 613 Ave C! I challenge YOU to follow the theme to use "Subway Art" [ you don't have to make it!], and enter up to 3 creations by Sat., 11/29! There are two sponsors: Lacy Sunshine Stamps with a #20 gift certificate and Beansie Doodles offering 3 digital stamps to a winner! The DT has gone to town and created a plethora [oooh, using my big words here!] of inspiration for you - you can see it HERE!
[Note: specific information on supplies and sources will be found below under “Supplies”.]
- 6 x 5" white base CS used
- I made my own 'Subway Art' by using multiple Christmas and Holiday sentiments stamped in red and black ink. After stamping, the paper was then embossed with a brick wall embossing folder.
- For the focal image I used a "Paper Sculpting Technique" that consisted of: printing the focal image four times, coloring with Copics, fussy cutting different layers, sculpting the individual pieces [dry embossing each individual piece from the back using a large ball tool] and layering with foam tape and glue to maintain the dimension
- The image panel and mat were die cut and mounted on foam tape for elevation.
- The red column, white Candi and green twine were used for interest and balance.
- Inside was layered with left over papers from the front.
Party Time Tuesday - #190 – ATG
|Through the Craft Room Door – ATG|
Clear It Out – ATG/ Stash: ATG
Crafty Sentiments – 2 or More Papers [red with white print mats, plain red mats, handmade Subway Art paper!]
Inspiration Destination #8 – ATG
Winter Wonderland – Let's Get Sentimental
Delicious Doodles #111 –Traditional Christmas
Fussy & Fancy #127 – Pairs/2 of a kind
Art by MiRan Challenge #19 – ATG
ABC Challenge – X is for Xtra Special [person or occasion]
PAPER: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the images; DP and the mats are from stash.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Candi and green twine are from stash; Brick wall embossing folder is a Tim Holtz Alterations by Sissix.
Create wildly and color with abandon! ~ginny