Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Altered Art...

with a great prize from The Robin's Nest
Creations need to be submitted by Sunday 12/30 
You can get other ideas from the fabulous Design Team HERE

This was a fun book to make... I used the sleeves from Starbucks' and other yuppie coffee cups that I had been saving with just this idea in mind for a coffee loving friend.  One end of each sleeve was sliced open so it could open like pages.  Holes were punched in the closed ends and wire binding inserted using a Bind-it-All.   And then began the decoration of the pages - I searched thru my stamps for anything connected to coffee, found phrases and quotes on the internet, used some heat and some pressure embossing, distressed all the edges - in essence whatever amused me!  I finished using twine square knots tied thru each set of punched holes on the front cover and added random tabs with words connected to the love of coffee.
Here are three of the five pages I created.  Each image was colored, fussy cut, sculpted and mounted 3-D on foam tape.


Hope you have a chance to try something creative over the Holidays - 
I know, I know!  In all your spare time!  
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow,Ginny this is such a creative piece.You've had so much fun here I can tell and it looks fantastic too.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny