Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

In only TWO words...


I am absolutely delighted out of my skull to announce 
that this will be my first post for the Aud Sentiments Design Team!  
I am one lucky girl to be able to play with this group of very talented paper artists.

My first challenge is for a "Two Word" sentiment - and you are encouraged to be creative beyond the basic "Happy Birthday" that comes so easily to mind.  We are now in the second and final week of the fortnight challenge which will end Tuesday, July 16.  It is such an easy challenge, I encourage you to whip something up - even as many as 5 entries - and get them in the draw for a prize from our sponsor Bugaboo

TECHNIQUE:
I chose this image digi called "Brat Cupcake Cart" provided by our sponsor - and I printed out three copies so I could do some paper sculpture with him.  The background DP from Basic Grey's "Soleil" collection was chosen next so that I could determine my colors.  I tore an end off and taped both pieces to my base CS.  The images were then colored with Copics (oh how I love those pens!), fussy cut the appropriate pieces & colored all the edges with a dark color.  Finally I sculpted them from the back and mounted each piece with foam tape and glue (some edges of some pieces need to be stuck flat on the image to enhance the sculpted look - such as the bottom of the cupcake.)  The balloon and the cherries have had Diamond Glaze applied.  The corners of the focal image panel & mat were punched with a "Ticket Stub" Corner Chomper.  I pierced the edge with a piercing tool and then stitched it using bookbinders' Waxed Linen.  The sentiment was punched and matted and put on foam tape for dimension.  My final detail was the Candi - colored with my Copics and attached to three corners of the image.
Below you can see a peek at the inside in which I am able to use up the leftover pieces of DP.


This card should be eligible for the following
CHALLENGES:
Totally Papercrafts - Let's Hear it for the Boys
613 Ave C #27 - Anything Goes
Pile it On #27 - Food
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Old (very old rubber stamp sentiment), New (new digi for me), Blue (his pants)



SUPPLIES
IMAGES:  The focal image is "Brat Cupcake Cart" by Bugaboo; sentiment is a very old stamp from Azadi Earles.
PAPER:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the images; DP is from Basic Grey's "Soleil" collection; base CS is stash.
EMBELLISHMENTS: "Candi" was colored with Copics to match the DP; Diamond Glaze was used on the balloon and the cherries; waxed linen book binding thread was used in the stitching; a Making Memories Corner Chomper was used to punch the "Ticket Stub" corners.
INKS:  the image was printed out three times on a Canon PIXMA printer & colored with Copics:







May you color with abandon, create wildly and always make what amuses you!

~ginny

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Ginny! I love the colors, papers and the wonderful layout! I wanted to go out and get a scoop of ice cream after seeing this card, that how fabulously you colored the image. Thanks for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was determined to get to you first and tell you how amazing this card is, those layers have me in awe, so inspiring, I hope you don't mind if I hack your idea some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginny,
    I so love how you have used the image, great decoupaging. You have also gone it to such great detail on the process.
    Great having you on board sistuh!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny, I LOVE this card. You did such a good job with it. Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment. I am looking forward to working with everyone!
    ~kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute card, I love that you've done the inside as well as the face. He's a cutie pie and beautifully colored. some little boy will love this card.
    thanks for playing with us at Pile It ON.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! Love that stitching too
    Hugs,
    Julie t

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card here Ginny! The colouring is brilliant! Wish I could colour like that! Welcome to the Aud Sentiments DT! I hope you enjoy creating with us!

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny