Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2013

Glutinous Mouse...




OMGosh!  This image by the sponsor Doodle Pantry was the focus of my card this go around... and then I found this sentiment (a freebie from Ginger's House) and the whole concept clicked for me on a personal level!  I LOVE cherries and I can hog out (mouse out doesn't seem to work) to the point I can make my self sick... I mean SICK!  (TMI)
Bottom line - love that sentiment, especially with this image.
I made this card for the new Monday "3-D" Challenge for Craft Your Passion.   Check out the details of the rules, some uber examples by the Design Team and enter your own card before next Sunday night by clicking HERE.

TECHNIQUE
For my background I used a cherry image digi paper that came with the focal image from Doodle Pantry.  I added the Washi tape at the bottom and the top.  The image was printed out twice, colored with Copics and certain cherries were fussy cut, sculpted and added to the top with foam tape to achieve the 3-D look.   I should have 3-D'd his fat tummy!  The focal image panel has had embossed lines added all around the edges to create a frame and then three nail heads added to the corner for balance.  The punched sentiment element and it's mat were finally layered in with the focal image panel.

This card should be eligible for the following
CHALLENGES:
Clear it Out - International (red and white for Canada's flag and cherries from our North West states) plus Washi tape
Top Tip Tues #106 - Spooled items (Washi tape)
Papertake Weekly - Dies or Punches (punched sentiment and mat)
Simon Says - Summer food & drink (cherries!!!)
613 Ave C #30 - Anything Goes
OSAAT #174 - Anything Goes
Pile It On #30 - Anything Goes


SUPPLIES
IMAGES:  The focal image is "Cherry Nice Mice" by Doodle Pantry;  Quote is a freebie from Ginger House (super fun Word Art there!)
PAPER:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the images; DP is digital from Doodle Pantry also; base CS is Georgia Pacific
EMBELLISHMENTS: Red & white Washi tape from stash; Sentiment & mat punched using Marvy Uchida punches; nail heads from stash.
INKS:  the images were printed on a Canon PIXMA printer & colored with Copics:



May you color with abandon, create wildly and always make what amuses you!

~ginny

12 comments:

  1. An adorable image brilliant card Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great fun card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image coloured so beautifully and love the colours and layout of your card. I been looking at your blog so many wonderful creations love it and thanks for the warm welcome to the team and message left on my blog big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so delightful and love how you used that cute Doodle Pantry image. Thanks so much for joining us at the Pile it On Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the whimsy DP digi. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch174 Anything Goes.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card Ginny, a great design and colour. Your image is so cute and fabulous colouring!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really did laugh loudly at this one Ginny - not only could this be me but the sentiment is me as well!!! I love your colouring on the image, he is sooooo sweet. You have made a great card and the layout is gorgeous.

    Thank you so much for joining us at OSAAT this time, I do hope we see you again very soon.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card, great use of the washi tape and kudos for featuring Canada and cherries woohooo. Super cute image and fab. colouring. Thanks for joining us at Clear it Out Tuesday for the international/washi challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us a CIO challenge .your card is sweet...I always have a soft heart for those mice...but in real life I don't think so LOL...hope you hop by and join us again for another challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done it again. A gorgeous card. I love the saying. I even like the washi tape (and I don't care for washi tape!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your card is fantastic. I love the sentiment. And you coloured so great.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card . . . and such a cute image!!!Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challenge! Hope to see you join us again . . . and good luck!!!

    Kathy - CIO DT
    (UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny