Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Amelia Lee - congratulations!

Wahoo!  Amelia Lee graduated from Montana University and as part of my Graduation present for my uber smart, talented and beautiful niece, I am giving her (what else), announcements.  
OMG!  Shoot me now!  I am one of those who NEVER makes two cards the same.  Can't handle it! And for some odd reason, I committed myself to 25 of these.   It took me days to just come up with the design that was somewhat simple.  And WEEKS to get them all together.  Today I packed them all up with envelopes and sent them off.  "Lawdy have mercy!", as my Granny used to say.  I will never do that again. 

TECHNIQUE Started with a navy blue base CS, then a light blue panel that had been run thru a Cuttlebug with a "brick" Embossing Folder.  I added a strip of gold ribbon and taped the ends to the back then taped the panel down. I used another very short strip of the ribbon to tie (and glue) a knot at the bottom of the ribbon.  Next the image was printed out and colored with Copics.  I was not happy with the plain look, so I added gold foil to her horn and gold dots to her "aura" to help with the celebratory nature.  After measuring off the image panel with the three portions "out of the box", I only had to fussy cut those three areas.  A gold medallion was die cut from a heavy gold CS which was the fist major issue that I ran into... the punch pretty much ripped the edge of the CS leaving white core showing - I solved that by using a Copic to color all the exposed white areas.  Second, I ran out of enough gold CS so I cut all the medallions in half and carefully fit them under the image panel so the corners would not show.  The third and fourth issue I had were that I ran out of ribbon for all the knots and had to use a different gold ribbon and then finally, after all was said and done, the cut edges began to fray.  Like I said, shoot me now.  The last detail was the sentiment punched out with an SU punch and a mat.

This card should be eligible for the following

CHALLENGES:
ALBC - Die-ing for it
Crafty Ribbon #52 - Anything Goes with ribbon
2 Sisters #152 - Make it Sparkle
OSAAT #172 - Use a digi
 LEJ Designs #62 - Anything Goes
Sassy Cheryl #175 - Out Door Fun and Games (celebrating at an outdoor graduation - what could be more fun??)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES
IMAGES:  The focal image is by Sassy Cheryl; the sentiment is a "Mini - word" self inking stamp.
PAPER:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the images; base and gold CS are from stash
EMBELLISHMENTS: Sentiment and mat are from SU punches; ribbon is from stash; gold foil applied using Duo Glue; medallion is die-cut. 
INKS: the image was printed on a Canon PIXMA printer & colored with Copics:

 May you color with abandon, create wildly and always make what amuses you!

~ginny

14 comments:

  1. Oh my 25? I could never! But I am sure your niece is going to love them!!! I think your card (s) are great!!! Nothing beats celebrating a graduation outside. Thanks for sharing with us here at Sassy Cheryl's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 25? She must be a favorite niece, ha ha! You design may be clean and simple, but all those little details you put into it make it an over-the-top design. Wow your attention to detail is fabulous. The image is perfect for a graduation celebration isn't it. Love all the texture and thought you put into this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sassy Cheryl's this week. Good luck on the drawing and I hope to see you back again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image beautifully coloured Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Angela. . .WOW! I don't even think I would want to draw the same image 5 times. LOL What a fabulous gift for your niece. SOmething that EVERYONE will remember and she will cherish for a lifetime! Love 'this' one. LOL It's gorgeous.
    Thanks for playing along in the Outdoor Fun & Games challenge this week with my Sassy Gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card I love it and you did a great job! I have made cards for friends in bulk! It is quite a task! That image is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everything came out perfectly! your colors and design are lovely! She is going to love these amazing announcements. Made more special that they were made with love!
    thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great graduation card... thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say you are dedicated my friend...lol But how wonderful your card is. Lovely coloring...Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Sassy Cheryl's. Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card thank you for joining in at LEJ Designs Challenge Blog - Challenge No 62 - Anything Goes , LEJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous congratulations card, love the image. Thank you for joining us over at LEJ Designs, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful,and what a terrific gift! Something no one else can give her! Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a happy card Ginny well done .
    Thank you for joining us at our THROUGH THE CRAFTROOM DOOR Challenge this week and GOOD LUCK . Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great! I love that image!

    And yeah, making batches of cards etc can kind of take the joy out of it, can't it? :lol:

    Thanks for joining in with our Use a Digi challenge at OSAAT this week and good luck! :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny