A clean and simple card designed for a good friend who collects Nutcrackers. One of my personal challenges is to let the image and color alone carry the design. I made this one weeks ago and kept it on my desk trying to decide what additional embellishments I needed... considered [and rejected] a ribbon & bow, bling for the corners, Fran-tage, heavy sigh! Still not happy - I think the only acceptable solution would have been a caligraphy "Joy" sentiment in the lower right - but too late now! LOL~! I gave it to her this last weekend just as it is.
- I used a Digi here so I could size the Nutcracker for perspective. Unfortunately, because I colored it so many weeks ago, I have lost track of the source for this image. If you recognize it, leave a comment? UPDATE: Thanks Rainey for your lead... that image is indeed"The Nutcracker" from Aurora Wings! Yea for networking - it takes a village!
- Neenah "Classic Crest Solar White" 80# Cover Wt. used for the image.
- Red CS is from stash.
- The only embellishment is the embossed framework created with a Scor-It
- Images were printed on an Epson WF-3520 printer
- Hand colored with Copics.
This card should be eligible for the following
Inspiration Destination #63 – ATG
As You Like It / Your Favorite... “Male or Female?” [Male - gets me away from frou-frou and moving toward my preferred CAS look.]
That Craft Place – Christmas
Through the Craft Room Door – ATG Always
Crafting from the Heart #90 – ATG Always
Clear It Out – ATG / Stash: ATG
Fussy & Fancy #154 –Happy Holidays
Art by MiRan Challenge #47 – ATG
The East Wind #45 – CAS
Tuesday Throwdown #274 – ATG
Pile it On #98 – Christmas/ Winter
OSAAT #252 – ATG w/ Red
Create wildly and color with abandon! ~ginny