Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Origami gift...

There is a new 613 Ave C  challenge starting Nov 6th:  "ATG or the optional Twist: "Scrap Your Stash".  You have the month of Nov. to show your creative talents!   For details of the challenge and for some very creative ideas from the DT's inspirational contributions - click HERE!





















I like to send money in my cards to the Grandkids... LOL, encourages them to call me!  I've started folding the bills into Origami that is specific to the person.  This one is a guitar because my granddaughter plays lead guitar in a band - I find videos on YouTube with tutorials on how to fold them.  I used an image [sent as a gift by my dear Canadian friend, Corina.  No source info available.] that appears to have her hand extended to hold the instrument.
The A2 Z-fold card base was decorated with scraps of DP from my stash to meet the optional twist of this challenge.             

Create wildly and color with abandon!

~ginny

CHALLENGES:
Gem of a Challenge - #21 – ATG Always
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Crafty Sentiments – Fancy Folds TOP 3
Penny's Challenge #454 – ATG Always
Simon Says Stamp Wed - ATG
AYLI: As You Like It – Fave DP & Why [I am drawn to Primary Colors & Bold designs - if I need something subtle I tend to make my own background so the color is spot on and the design is non-descriptive]
Sweet Stampin' - Celebrations
Catch the Bug - Bugaboo – ATG
Aud Sentiments - #238 – ATG + Sentiment
Crafty Creations - #401 – ATG Always
Crafty Hazelnut's DP Challenge – Always ATG
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #117 – ATG Always

18 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Ginny! Love your paper choices, image and as always, image coloring! And this time, I'll add that I'm especially impressed with your origami money addition!!! That is just so clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a clever card and a very clever way to get your grands to call! I really like this project and the clever way you incorporated your scrap papers! Great project!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and brilliant idea to use origami money to personalise the cards
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ginny, this card has such a joyful feel about it. I love the bright colours and that fold is fab!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl
    TTCRD DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. so bold bright and beautiful Ginny , I love this card x Kraftyjean xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! Your creativity astounds me! This is absolutely incredible Ginny! LOVE her guitar, and love your whole card! You've picked such a great image to achieve what you wanted here. Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome fun fold card! Your papers are fantastic! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and creative card!!! I love it!! And the money origami is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Ginny and I love the fold very much and the money folded up is so creative..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design and how clever to fold the money like that, bet your granddaughter was delighted with this brilliant card...and the cah of course! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bits and bobs is probably an English saying, I'm in New Zealand and just been bought up with funny sayings Ginny..I just read your question in my comments again and forgot to answer when I commented today on your blog, so thought I would do it now..

    Luv CHRISSYxx..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card,Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a creative card and I loved all the details and paper choices. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your money folding is totally awesome, Ginny! I could never begin to do that. I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great fun fold ...love that image.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card Ginny. Love your colour and the guitar origami is way cool!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog #117. Hope to see you again soon,
    Lou DT xo

    JemLou Productions

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous idea! Jackie 613 teamie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card fold and money fold, such a neat idea, love your image and colouring and just a great card design Ginny..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny