There is a new 613 Ave C challenge starting Oct 6th: "ATG or the optional Twist: "Spotlight Technique". You have the month of Oct. to show your creative talents! For details of the challenge and for some very creative ideas from the DT's inspirational contributions - click HERE!
Spotlight Technique is a good option when the image is extremely busy, or, when you are - [not as much to color!]
|You can see the elevated die cut better from this angle.|
DIRECTIONS for this card:
- Stamp the main image twice. This image: "Santas Everywhere" is a 2002 rubber stamp from Brother Sister Design Studio
- Choose your preference for defining the "spotlight" area. One option is to choose a specific shape to define the spotlight- circle, square, oval, freeform, whatever. You can die-cut the area, stamp [a circle, square, etc.] to define the area - or, just create the perimeter with the color alone. In this case, I chose to die cut my spotlighted area with a stitched circle die from Lawn Fawn.
- That die-cut "Spotlight" is then aligned perfectly with the exact portion of the image on the 2nd copy and elevated above it with foam tape.
- I used a black card base with a white mat leaving a 1/16th-inch border. The image panel was prepared with a black mat, again leaving a 1/16" border.
- A bow was tied in the middle of a length of red ribbon - the bow was stuck down on the image panel with a glue dot. The "tails" of the bow were wrapped around to the back of that panel and taped down.
- The sentiment [Tis the Season] has no markings to identify the source. It was stamped on a snippet of black paper & heat embossed with white EP. An oval word punch from SU was used and that punched item was mounted on the lower-left corner of the image panel.
|Inside is another sentiment stamped & heat |
embossed, punched with a circle punch
& elevated on foam tape.
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #115 – ATG Always
Everybody Art Challenge #454 – Dies
Crafty Sentiments – ATG
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Gem of a Challenge - #19 - ATG
Crafty Creations - #399 – ATG Always
Penny's Challenge #450 – ATG Always
AYLI: As You Like It – Fave: FAF & Why [CAS never feels like I have put enough work into the project - LOL]
Creative Playground – #10 – ATG
Winter Wonderland – X-mas: Merry & Bright