Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Happy Birthday Amber!

I was cleaning off my desk, ready to give up for the day and leave my RubberRoom when I came across two scraps of this designer paper.  I noticed one piece was cut exactly right to fit an A2 size card.  It made perfect sense to stop and take the time to tape it down on the front of some cardstock so it would not be lost in the shuffle.  Now I can retire...
Have you ever done that?  You are tired, ready to quit for the day - just cleaning up a little before you turn off the lights... but, as I stared at the paper on the front of the card, I got to thinking about what image would work with it.  And as my mojo tweaked my brain - I dug around in a stamp drawer & found this Magenta stamp - 'Heart Flower'.  Ok, my mojo & energy level are both back in play.  Stamped the image, colored it with Copics:

It was then fussy cut, the center of the flower sculpted [dry embossed] from the front and the leaves from the back.  It was adhered to the front of the card using both a super strong double sided tape to hold the center down and foam tape to elevate the petals.
There was exactly enough left of the 2nd piece of scrap DP to decorate the sentiment panel on the inside and the envelope flap.  Perfect - used every bit of it!  A Memory Box die was used for the sentiment & added to the inside.  Then, and only then, did my mojo loosen its grip on me... I got up without cleaning another iota off my desk, turned out the lights and went to bed.

Create wildly and color with abandon!  
~ginny

                                                                                                                                     










CHALLENGES:

Crafty Sentiments – ATG
Through the Craft Room Door - ATG Always
Aud Sentiments - #206– Summer + Sentiment
Inspiration Destination #153 – ATG [JFF]
Penny's Challenge #386 – ATG
Simon Says Wed – ATG
As You Like It – Fave Type of Embossing & WHY [I LOVE sculpting {dry embossing} my images to give them shape and depth!]
Crafting with Friends #70 – ATG
Everybody Art Challenge #428 – Birthday [JFF]
Crafty Creations - #369 – ATG Always
Crafty Girls Creations – #49 - ATG Always
Oddball ArtATG/Twist: Dots & Doodles
Crafty Hazelnut's DP Challenge – Always ATG + DP

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful combination of colors - I love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card. Love the pop of bright sunshine colors against the dark background. Beautifully colored and designed. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stamp goes perfect with the paper, Ginny! You were so right to not let it go to waste. Yep, sometimes I get those urges right before I shut it all down for the night, but I try to resist them. Otherwise I'm up 'til 3:00 in the morning!!! This truly is a gorgeous card and perfect for summer. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO lovely, great colours, love how you have done the insert and the envelope. Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith TTCRD DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love what you did with that gorgeous paper. Perfect card to make a Birthday person smile. Thanks for joining in over at Oddball Art Co Blog Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embossing and I love that you decorated the envelope too.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous paper, beautifully used.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful design paper. Love it..
    Thank you so much for joining us at Oddball Art Stamps Blog Challenge.
    Hugs, Tina – DT
    Oddball Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely bright card Ginny. Thank you for joining us at our Oddball Blog challenge and good luck with your entry. Gail DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, thank you so much for joining us at Oddball Art Stamps Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny