Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Embrace Moments...

I really loved this image - and, if I remember right, a friend let me stamp it once to use.  I have no source for it - if anyone knows please leave me a message!  
I used Sepia ink, mounted it on a dark brown CS, wrapped it with dark brown cord tied with a square knot [note the half circles punched on the sides to lock the twine in place.]  Finally, that bundle was elevated on foam and attached to the white base card. 
For the inside I used two separate words from pre-inked stamps called Mini-Words  A fishtail cut to both ends of the strip and it was elevated in the middle on foam with the ends glued flat - creating a gently curved sentiment on the brown mat.

Makes a great man card for almost any occasion - I used this one for a sympathy card for a woman I felt was in this space after her husband passed.  She felt it  was "perfect for her situation".  I'm really glad - so hard to find the right words.

CHALLENGES:
Through the Craftroom Door – ATG Always
Penny's Challenge - #323 ATG
As You Like It - Fave Card Base Shape & Why [I gravitate toward A2 rectangles pretty consistently because it is cheaper to mail.]
Sisterhood of CraftersStamp It
Crafty Creations - #339 – ATG
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers L:10 - #82 – E is for Elegant

Create wildly and color with abandon!  
~ginny

12 comments:

  1. Lovley card. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us over at the Crafty Creations Challenges Blog.
    Kristina DT

    Crafty Creations Challenges Blog
    Cards by Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful card for such a sad occasion Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clean card and the image is almost photographic.
    Thank you for joining us at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge. Anne DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy card! I love how you put it together! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely elegant in monochrome! While it's never nice to need a sympathy card, this one is lovely. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Ginny. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Ginny. I know your friend appreciated it and you thinking of her, so much. I love the vintage look of the card. This is the epitome of simple elegance. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Ginny. Lovely stamp and colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful sympathy card for someone who has lost a loved one.
    Thanks for joining the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS for our E is for Elegant challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, your card is both beautiful and elegant! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very elegant sympathy card! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty.Thanks for being Elegant with the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny