Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Just Because III

Third  in the Just Because Series
My goal is a CAS card - lots of white space, minimal embellishments!

I'm using these for RAKs, quick Get Wells, etc. and I can use up some of the colored images I do when I am B*O*R*E*D and just want to play [read 'color' here].  One of the best parts is that I also get to use up leftovers from my scrap pile!

I love this Dilly Beans image with her summery flowers to give a friend on a very hot day [108 last week!].  It is July 4th, another hot day and time to celebrate!

This card should be eligible for the following 
CHALLENGES:
Dilly Beans – Summer Lovin' - TOP THREE
Sentimental Sunday #213 – Summer
Crafting from the Heart #25 – ATG
Through the Craft Room Door – ATG
Papertake Weekly – ATG
Tuesday Throwdown #202 – ATG
Fussy & Fancy  #117 – Summertime
Art by MiRan Challenge #9 – ATG
CMC Copic Challenge #95 – Friends
SUPPLIES

IMAGES:  The focal image is from Dilly Beans; Sentiment is Hanko
PAPER:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the images; DP banners are from stash.
EMBELLISHMENTS: E-folders from Cuttlebug were used on the two banners; Scor-It used for scored lines. 
INKS: The image was printed on a Canon PIXMA printer & colored with Copics.  Sorry - I did not keep track of the colors on this one.


May you create wildly and color with abandon whenever it amuses you!  ~ginny

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the image is your focal point Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun and thanks for linking up at Tuesday Throwdown very good luck Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A FABULOUS CAS card Ginny!! I just LOVE those big brown eyes...such a sweet image...wonderfully coloured!! Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Summertime"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our ninth ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! I really love the clean look and your design makes the image pop !! Thanks for joining us at artbymiran challenge. Hugs, Mi Ran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginny, she is super sweet. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!
~ginny