This is my DT inspiration for Aud Sentiments new challenge: "Any Sentiment for a Girl". Please do go over and see the Design Team's inspiring makes using The Paper Shelter's images and get details on the challenge. The Paper Shelter provided this image for me to use and are offering a $20 prize to the winner of this challenge!
[Note: specific information on supplies and sources will be found below under “Supplies”.]
- The image was printed twice, colored with Copics.
- The head and hat & one of the small butterflies were fussy cut from one print, sculpted & attached with foam tape.
- Five larger butterflies were punched out & the bodies adhered to the image panel with glue so that the wings could fold upward. Liquid Pearls in three different shades were added on the bodies &/or wings and also on the cake.
- The butterfly DP and the yellow grid paper plus an orange ribbon were used for the background.
- Sentiment was punched out and added at the bottom.
- The inside was completed using leftover grid paper.
This card should be eligible for the following
Sweet Stampin' – Cute
Pile it On #9 – Sweet/Soft or Bold/Bright
Robyn's Fetish #201 – ATG TOP PICK Winner
OSAAT #202 – ATG
Crafting from the Heart #8 - ATG/Use Dies or punches
Crafty Sentiments – Spots or Dots [Liquid Pearl dots on the butterflies and cake]
Fab and Funky #206 – Heat Stroke WINNER
Paper Shelter #148 – ATG
Paper Pretties #300 – Lots of Layers
ABC Challenge –G is for Girls
Top Tip Tues – 3, 5 or 7
|The Paper Shelter|
IMAGES: The focal image is from The Paper Shelter; Sentiment is Hero Arts
PAPER: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80# Cover Wt. used for the images; background DPs are from Studio Calico's "Heyday" Collection.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Martha punches were used for the butterflies - punched from the background DPs; Liquid Pearls used for embellishing the butterflies and cake; SU punch used on the sentiment.
INKS: the images were printed on a Canon PIXMA printer & colored with Copics:
Create wildly and do what amuses you! ~ginny